Do you do neck lifts? Not yet.
No matter our skill level, plastic surgeons cannot stop the aging process. Some surgeries do a good job of turning back the clock, and certainly with a neck lift that can be the case.
It is important to keep in mind that the results of a neck lift can only be achieved surgically.
Non-surgical skin rejuvenating treatments may help delay the time before surgery becomes the best option. Often too, non-surgical rejuvenating treatments will complement or help to maintain the results of neck lift surgery.
No matter if you are seen for a surgical or non-surgical neck lift consultation, all risks, all benefits and all alternatives should be thoroughly explained to you.
I get asked all the time to see patients for surgical neck lift consultations. At this point in my career I am not ready to add surgical neck lifts to the list of aesthetic surgeries I offer. As with other my other cosmetic surgeries, I’d first like to spend some time learning from the best surgeons, before I start doing these procedures solo here in Medicine Hat.
As for non-surgical, and non-invasive neck treatments we have two options: the PicoWay laser or the Morpheus8 microneedling/radio frequency device. Our certified laser technician, Dalyce S., provides skin tightening treatments with the PicoWay Resolve Laser by Candela. The PicoWay can effect the texture of your skin and fine lines, but if you are looking to address more sagging or lax skin, we recommend a consultation with our registered nurses for a treatment with the Morpheus8. When either the picosecond laser or the microneedling/radio frequency device (Morpheus) treatments are paired with a second modality like a medical grade firming cream (with proven results from clinical trials) our patients are getting great results without undergoing surgery.
A bit about the PicoWay System:
- Picosecond lasers have been demonstrated to build collagen and elastin, resulting in skin tightening.
- PicoWay with it’s high peak power and the shortest pulse duration, delivers a photo-acoustic effect that transforms the skin.
- The PicoWay Resolve treatment acts at the dermis without breaking the epidermis, transforming the skin with low to no downtime.
- PicoWay is a true 3-wavelength platform for the treatment of wrinkles, acne scars, benign pigmented lesions (dark spots) and tattoos.
A bit about the Morpheus8:
- Microneedling with Fractional Radio Frequency has been widely studied and the results show improvement in skin laxity and adipose fat. Morpheus treatment can achieve about 1/3 of the results as a face lift can achieve.
- Morpheus8 downtime after treatment is significantly less than a treatment with an ablative CO2 laser. Makeup can be applied 3 days after treatment.
- Combining treatment with PRP resulted in higher patient satisfaction.
- Patient satisfaction very high for over 90% of patients.
If you have tried it all and believe you are ready for a surgical neck lift, my office staff or I can recommend board certified plastic surgeons in Alberta who would be willing to meet with you in consultation about your neck lift.