Immediately After Treatment:
- Off and on: You may apply an ice pack or cool gel pack to the areas treated. You may take Tylenol/ Acetaminophen if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- 4 hours following an injection: stay in an upright position. DO NOT rest your head, or lie down. DO NOT sleep on your face, or place your head on your hands while sleeping.
- For the remainder of the treatment day: AVOID exercise or strenuous movements. You may resume your other usual movements immediately.
- For 24 hours: Wait to apply make up (if you have any pinpoint bleeding, wait until it has stopped).
- For 24 hours: AVOID hot environments like saunas /extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has passed. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen. Grab an Alumier sunscreen sample from our office to try, if you need one.
- AVOID heavy pressure on the treated areas for the first few days. When cleansing your face or applying your makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID laser treatments, resurfacing treatments, or chemical peels for a minimum of 2 weeks, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if the procedures are performed after treatment.
- Be careful – patients who experience skin injury near the site of an injection with these products may be at higher risk for side effects.
Call your doctor immediately if you have:
- Changes in your vision
- Signs of a stroke (including sudden difficulty speaking, numbness or weakness in your face, arms, or legs, difficulty walking, face drooping, severe headache, dizziness, or confusion)
- White appearance of the skin/ lace looking appearance/ what resembles necrotic (dead) skin
- Unusual pain during or shortly after treatment
Be sure to call your doctor if you have:
- Significant pain away from the injection site
- Any redness and/or visible swelling that lasts for more than a few days
- Any side effect that occurs weeks/months after treatment
- Any other symptoms that cause you concern
You can report any side effects for:
Juvederm (Allergan) during business hours at 1-877-345-5372
Restylane (Galderma) during business hours at 1-800-461-2081 (distribution)
Belotero during business hours at 1-905-315-1193 (distribution in Ontario)
Revanesse during business hours at 1-866-353-3015 (distribution*a Canadian Company)
Teosyal during business hours at 1-866-671-3571 (distribution Cambridge, Ontario)
Your follow- up can be arranged 14 days or later after treatment. If you did not set one up the day of your injections, then be sure to call if you would like to see us back for a follow up/touch up. We have a great track record, but results can vary. Our intentions are never for bad results, so please allow us to see you back to see if we can correct it.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at (403) 487-0460 if you have any questions or concerns.