Immediately After Treatment:
- Try to move your treated muscles off and on for 1-2 hours after treatment (examples: frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting). Note: Some studies show these actions will help the Botox/Dysport/Xeomin to work into your muscles, but it is not necessary for the product to take effect.
- Stay in an upright position for 4 hours following an injection. DO NOT rest your head, or lie down. Sit in a vertical position.
- You may apply an ice pack or cool gel pack to the areas treated.
- Wait to apply make up the next day (if you have any pinpoint bleeding, wait until it has stopped).
- AVOID heavy pressure on the treated areas for the first few days. When cleansing your face or applying your makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous movements for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume your other usual movements immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. A headache within a few days afterward is normal.
- AVOID hot environments like saunas /extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has passed. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen. Grab an Alumier sunscreen sample from our office to try, if you need one.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours (or as directed by your skin/laser technician) before receiving any skin exfoliation, resurfacing, or laser treatments. We suggest you wait 5-7 days.
Your follow- up can be arranged 14 days or later after treatment. If you did not set one up the day of your injections, then be sure to call if you would like to see us back for a follow up/touch up. We have a great track record, but results can vary. Our intentions are never for bad results, so please allow us to see you back to see if we can correct it.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at (403) 487-0460 if you have any questions or concerns.